Current:Home > InvestCharles Langston:Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -Prime Capital Blueprint
Charles Langston:Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
TradeEdge View
Date:2025-04-07 06:22:35
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,Charles Langston which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (8)
Related
- North Carolina trustees approve Bill Belichick’s deal ahead of introductory news conference
- Millions of children are displaced due to extreme weather events. Climate change will make it worse
- Man arrested for murder of woman beaten to death in 1983
- Federal judges pick new Alabama congressional map to boost Black voting power
- A South Texas lawmaker’s 15
- Deadly Thai mall shooting exposes murky trade in blank handguns that are turned into lethal weapons
- Millions of children are displaced due to extreme weather events. Climate change will make it worse
- Philadelphia 76ers star Joel Embiid commits to team for 2024 Paris Olympics
- Senate begins final push to expand Social Security benefits for millions of people
- Failure of single component caused Washington seaplane crash that killed 10, NTSB says
Ranking
- Stamford Road collision sends motorcyclist flying; driver arrested
- House fire or Halloween decoration? See the display that sparked a 911 call in New York
- Joan Baez at peace
- Jamie Foxx Mourns Death of Friend Keith Jefferson at 53
- Apple iOS 18.2: What to know about top features, including Genmoji, AI updates
- Man with handgun seeking governor arrested in Wisconsin Capitol, returns with assault rifle
- Trump seeks dismissal of charges in Stormy Daniels hush money case
- Sam Bankman-Fried stole at least $10 billion, prosecutors say in fraud trial
Recommendation
Head of the Federal Aviation Administration to resign, allowing Trump to pick his successor
A commercial fisherman in New York is convicted of exceeding fish quotas by 200,000 pounds
Berkshire Hathaway’s Charlie Munger gives $40 million in stock to California museum
A homeless man is charged with capital murder and rape in the death of a 5-year-old Kansas girl
Taylor Swift Eras Archive site launches on singer's 35th birthday. What is it?
Russia has tested a nuclear-powered missile and could revoke a global atomic test ban, Putin says
Monkey with sprint speeds as high as 30 mph on the loose in Indianapolis; injuries reported
Oklahoma woman sentenced to 15 years after letting man impregnate her 12-year-old daughter